Wednesday, January 11, 2012
Kitchen Diary 2012: Roasted Broccoli
Slice broccoli at an acute angle to get lots of flat surface area.
- On a foil-lined baking sheet, drizzle a little olive oil. Slide the broccoli around to make sure their slice sides get oiled.
- Anoint with red pepper flakes and a bit more olive oil.
- Roast in a 350-450 degree oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Toss a few sliced Kalamata olives and a thinly-sliced (or mashed through a press) garlic clove.
- Let the heat of the broccoli and the pan warm the garlic.